In 1952, Charles Easom and brother in law Jim Marshall began their partnership enterprise – HINDMARSH HARDWARE HOUSE (also known as Marshall Agencies), at 224 Port Road, Hindmarsh, SA.
Their plan being to entice manufacturers of tools, building supplies and housewares to exhibit their products in South Australia.
With the passing of Jim Marshall in 1954, Charles Easom carried on the business which was renamed Timco Pty Ltd soon after.
In 1976 the business relocated to Dry Creek and concentrated solely on timber, at which time Charles retired.
To service Adelaide’s southern suburbs, son Geoffrey Easom established a branch at Lonsdale which continues to operate today at 12 Lindsay Road.
A further relocation of Timco Pty Ltd occurred in 1990, with the move from Dry Creek to our current location at 172 Park Terrace, Salisbury Plain.
Geoff Easom continues to work in his business today; now in partnership with his son, Benjamin Easom.